Available to: Students, Staff, Departments, New/Incoming Students, Guests
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
The Student Employment service facilitates the administration of student payroll and job placement, and provides self-service capabilities to work-study students, payroll coordinators, supervisors, and potential employers.
The service provides all clients with student employment related information that is targeted and relevant to their roles and/or functions at Boston University. The service provides real-time data, accessible through several interfaces. It facilitates data management, viewing, reporting, and communication between parties.
- Integrates with BUworks
- Delivers the student payroll
- Allows for administration, viewing, and submitting of timesheets
- Allows for work-study job evaluations
- Determines eligibility for student employment
- Enables distribution and viewing of work-study funds
- Provides controlled access to salary statements
- Manages authorization of direct deposit
- Provides distributed management tools to administrators
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- To access the Student Employment service, one needs:
- A BU login account is required to access functionality on Student Link (students), and Business Link (administrative staff). Staff members require a mainframe account and SecurID to access functionality on the mainframe.
- Students: In the Student Link, select Money Matters
- Parents and Third Parties: Use ShareLink
- Administrators: In the Faculty/Staff Link, select a student
- Administrators: Use GALAXY
- Certain distributed administrative functions may require additional training from the central administration or department. Individuals should check with their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) for training availability.
- Staff of the Student Employment office requiring access to the Student Employment service components on the mainframe, as well as functionality on Business Link should contact their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) to request correct permissions for access to functions and data.