Available to: Students, Staff, Departments, New/Incoming Students, Guests
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
The Student Accounts & Collections service provides account status information to students, as well as tools for students, parents, and third parties to keep these accounts current.
By providing all clients appropriate and convenient access to real-time student account charges and payments as well as financial assistance, this service provides relevant and accurate information to students, student-approved parents and third parties, and administrators. It provides the basis for timely response to change in student circumstance and ensures compliance with all University and government regulations.
- Displays the current status of a student’s account, provides “amount due” summary information, and shows the most recent payment made by the student
- Allows a student to make a payment or request a refund
- Allows delegated access to parents and third parties to view and access the account information of a student
- Uses email notification to alert students of important student account related news and information
- Delivers information and transactional functionality through a variety of targeted portals
- Provides distributed management tools to administrators
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- To access the Student Accounts & Collections service one needs
- Additionally, a BU login account is required to access functionality on StudentLink (students), ShareLink (parents and third parties), and Faculty/Staff Link (departments and staff). Staff members require a mainframe account and SecurID to access functionality on the mainframe.
- Self-service for Student Accounts & Collections
- Certain distributed administrative functions may require additional training from the central administration or department. Individuals should check with their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) for training availability.
- Staff of the Student Accounts office requiring access to the Student Accounts & Collections service components on the mainframe, as well as functionality on Faculty/Staff Link should contact their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) to request permissions for access to functions and data.