Available to: Students, Staff, Departments, New/Incoming Students, Guests
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
The Orientation service manages the registration, scheduling, and reporting of Orientation related activities. Orientation provides administrative tools for the business office while providing self-service for newly admitted incoming students. These services span registration, payment, housing reservations for parents, and management tools and lists for Orientation leaders.
By providing all administrators and entering students appropriate and convenient access to a single repository for all relevant information, this service reduces costs, paperwork, and mailings, and improves accuracy in record keeping. These benefits facilitate excellent service through the Orientation registration process.
- Provides an online registration platform for Orientation activities to incoming students
- Provides direct client services to students, families, administrators, and staff
- Integrates with the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) to collect data on international students
- Integrates with internal BU services in Financial Aid, Cashier (application fees), and the Center for English Language & Orientation Programs (CELOP)
- Allows for mass and targeted communication via email
- Provides customizable reporting and self-service extraction
- Allows access to current and historical data
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- To access the Orientation service one needs
- Additionally, a BU login account is required to access functionality on Faculty/Staff Link (departments and staff). Staff members require a mainframe account and SecurID to access functionality on the mainframe.
- Entering students: Start at the Orientation website
- Certain distributed administrative functions may require additional training from central administration or the department. Individuals should check with their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) for training availability.
- Staff requiring access to the Orientation service components on the mainframe, as well as functionality on Faculty/Staff Link should contact their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) to request correct permissions for access to functions and data.