Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: No charge
- For access, contact the Office of Sponsored Programs or Post Award Financial Operations directly, or contact us to submit a request for access.
Research Proposal Development & Management provided by the Kuali Research (KR) system is used by the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) for proposal and award tracking and reporting. Kuali Research interfaces with the University’s SAP financial system for complete financial and activity tracking. The research community is provided access to reports on sponsored research data via the BUworks Central portal.
Research Proposal Development & Management provides a comprehensive research proposal development and management system that integrates well with BU’s SAP financial system. The system provides support for the University’s research faculty with the ultimate goal of facilitating and catalyzing enhanced research productivity.
- Proposal Log/Institutional Proposal
- Proposal Log is used to track and record funded or unfunded sponsored research activities.
- Institutional Proposal records summarize completed works that have been authorized for submission to a sponsored funding organization. While work-in-progress electronic proposals are stored and edited in the Proposal Development module, only complete submitted works are tracked and stored in the Institutional Proposal module.
- Awards (non-financial, post-award functionality only)
- The Award Module maintains detailed information on awards and sub-awards including a complete history of every change made from sponsor funding notice through closeout.
- Subawards (outgoing)
- The Subaward Module maintains detailed information on outgoing subawards including a complete history of every change made from sponsor funding notice through closeout.
- Negotiations (for Industry Contract tracking)
- The Negotiations Module maintains detailed information on the activities surrounding the negotiations of the industry contracts that are managed by Sponsored Programs.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) for Charles River Campus (CRC)
- The IRB module maintains data for CRC protocols. It is currently only used by IRB administration staff.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
BU login name and Kerberos password
The Office of Sponsored Programs or Post Award Financial Operations must approve all requests for access. You may contact them directly or contact us to submit a request for access.