Available to: Faculty, Staff, Departments, IT Professionals
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Student Information Reporting (also known as the Academic Data Warehouse (ADW)) is a business intelligence application which enables analysis of undergraduate, graduate, and professional student recruitment, admissions, registration, course, and retention data.
The goal of Student Information Reporting is to improve academic quality by providing greater insights into student lifecycle processes, data, and trends. These insights will assist Boston University administration in strategy development and decision making.
Student Information Reporting currently contains Admissions data. The Academic Data Warehouse project team under the guidance of the Provost’s Office, Enrollment & Student Affairs, Budget & Institutional Research and IS&T will continue to add data and capabilities related to other student lifecycle stages.
Student Information Reporting supports improved decision making via analysis of historical and current student lifecycle data. This provides a framework, allowing approved users to track and monitor student-related business processes such as the admissions cycle. Student Information Reporting enables more effective measurement and monitoring of key performance indicators regarding student and program success factors over time.
- Standard reports and dashboards
- Web-based Business Intelligence platform (MicroStrategy), enabling ad hoc analysis and report creation
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- Data trustee approval may be required. Access to reporting functions is based on role and job function; your manager should be able to provide guidance if pre-approval is required.
- BU login name and Kerberos password