Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, IT Professionals
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Other Reporting services include self-service business intelligence development, query development, and the support of other reporting needs. Many requests for reporting assistance come from schools & colleges where the delivery of the reporting service may vary based on the request. Examples are self-service reporting for Housing, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for Engineering and Law, and various mainframe reporting.
This service supports the common infrastructures, approaches, standards, and general needs that are typical among small or specific reporting initiatives. The goal is to provide reference to, and availability of, related expertise regarding reporting components and infrastructures that are supported at Boston University.
- Access to subject matter experts and to teams that are purposed to provide data management and reporting design and support services
- Consulting on data content, data modeling, ETL, and reporting framework solutions
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- Data trustee approval may be required. Access to reporting functions is based on role and job function; your manager should be able to provide guidance if pre-approval is required.
- Steering committee approval is required for resource allocation, project assignment and approval, and any related cost allocations.
Contact us for more information.