For maintaining stability and security with BUWorks Internet Explorer 11 in compatibility mode (Windows 7 or higher required) and Firefox 31 ESR are the recommended browsers. (Please note that Firefox ESR 31 is not certified to work with OnBase.) BUworks does also support Internet Explorer 9 and 10 (compatibility mode).
The minimum and recommended system requirements for use of BUworks are comparable to those outlined for Blackboard Learn:
- Windows Vista SP 2 or Windows 7
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Please note that faculty and staff are eligible to run the most current and complete version of Windows on both BU-owned and home machines, as outlined by the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement. Mac OS X is available through Sourcing.
- Make sure you have reviewed the Browser and System Requirements outlined above.
- Check the version of Java on your computer and update if necessary. Note: Only the Sun/Oracle version of Java is officially supported. If you experience any problems using the IBM version (or others) you should remove that version and install Java, from the link below.
- Visit the Java test page.
- A box should appear saying, “Your Java is working.” If it does not, please use the Get Help icon at the top of this page to submit a request for assistance.
- Check the line titled Version. Your computer should be configured with Java SE 7 with a minimum Update of 51. If you do not have this version of Java installed, please click the Get Help icon at the top of this page.
- Make sure that and http://per.buw.bu.edu are listed as an exception to the high security level that comes as a default in Java. If you are unsure of how to do this, please check our knowledge base article or click the Get Help icon at the top of this page for further assistance.
- Configure your Pop-up Blocker Settings as described below.
- If and ONLY IF you are using a Mac, make sure to update your Adobe Flash Player to the most recent version.
Pop-up Blocker Settings
BUworks requires adjustments to your pop-up blocker settings.