Additional Copyright Resources
Legislation and Basic Information
- United States Copyright Law
Published text of the U.S. Copyright Law and Related Laws.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Summary of the DMCA.
- Copyright Basics
Comprehensive overview of copyrights.
- Reproduction of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians
Information on the fair-use and photocopying provisions of the copyright law.
- Copyright Information Circulars
Informational sheets on numerous copyright issues.
- Federal Regulations
Code of federal regulations on patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
Other Useful and Informative Copyright Sites
- Copyright Resource Guide
Information and resources for fair use, distance education, and more.
(Published by Indiana University)
- Term and the Public Domain A useful reference chart showing when copyrightable works enter the public domain in the United States.
(Published by the Copyright Information Center at Cornell University.)
- Copyright and Fair Use
Large collection of resources.
(Published by the Stanford University)