Your BU WordPress CMS site comes with a number of designs that were developed specifically for BU by Interactive Design and IS&T. These themes, which create a unified design for your site, are fully brand compliant and let you focus on content knowing that your site will look good while maintaining the identity of the University. The newest BU themes have been created using the Flexible Theme Framework.
The Flexible Theme Framework, or Flexi for short, is the foundation of a new family of themes designed and developed by Interactive Design that are available to users of BU’s WordPress CMS. These themes are intended to replace previously available themes and were created in order to expand the number of design options available to University web publishers who may not have the resources to create fully custom WordPress themes.
- Highly flexible and user-configurable layouts
- Growing catalog of unique designs
- Comprehensive and fully compliant branding
- Integrated blog features, including support for threaded comments
- Multiple widget areas and content banner options
- Enhanced widgets for news posts and calendar events, and a built-in page announcement feature
- Editable footer and optional utility navigation (via link lists)
Available Color Schemes
We highly recommend that new sites adopt the Flexi Framework, but IS&T and Interactive Design will continue to support the classic themes. If you would like to switch from a classic theme to one of the new Flexi themes, please let us know.