To add or delete sub-mailboxes submit a requisition to Telecommunications. For more information please call 617-353-2097 or email us with your name and telephone number.
After a request has been made to add sub-mailboxes, please take the following steps to set it up:
- From your own telephone, dial 3-9999.
- Enter the number of the sub-mailbox assigned to you, or press # to set up the main mailbox.
- Enter temporary pass code 1234. Wait for the prompt that begins “Since this is the first time you’ve used the Boston University Voice Messaging Service”
- To record a Name Announcement press 1. Record your name followed by the # key. To accept press 1.
- Press 1 to record your personal greeting followed by the # key. To accept press 1. Your personal greeting is the greeting callers will hear after they select which sub-mailbox they would like to reach.
- Change your pass code. Use any 4- to 10-digit number that you will remember. To save press 1.
If you are not at your own phone:
- Dial 3-9999 (on the Charles River Campus system) or 617-353-9999 (from off campus).
- Press * (star) when prompted.
- Enter your 7-digit account (phone) number.
- Enter your pass code,and follow the rest of the steps above.