BU Google Mail
BU Google Mail is email hosted by Google Inc, accessible from anywhere. All mail is stored and backed up on Google’s servers, located around the world.
The interface is familiar to many people from their previous use of Gmail for their private email accounts, eliminating the need to learn a new interface for their BU mail. Capacity and availability are backed by Google’s extensive and geographically diverse resources.
- 30 gigabyte mailbox quota
- Access to your BU email through a web interface or via any IMAP client on your computer or mobile device
- Continued use of your BU email address after you graduate or retire from BU
- Email integration with BU Google Apps and Google Groups
What to Expect
Google states that mail will be available 24 by 7 and they “Guarantee 99.9% availability with zero scheduled down-time.”
- You must have a BU ID number.
- You must have a current affiliation with the University – active, alumni, or retired – as determined and verified by Human Resources or the Registrar.
- Non-BU affiliates who demonstrate a business need for a BU Google Mail account can be sponsored for a Guest account. Please have your sponsor complete the Guest account request form at www.bu.edu/help/tech/accounts.
- Department representatives seeking a Departmental/Service account should submit the request through www.bu.edu/help/tech/accounts.
- Student organizations must have a BU sponsor for group email accounts.
- All individuals must read and agree to the University Conditions of Use and Policy on Computing Ethics. In addition, for information on proper use of BU Google Apps, please see the BU Google Apps Acceptable Use and Data Security policy.