To the Key University Admininistrator List
If you wish to send a message to the University’s Key Administrators, you can do that using email addresses that are output from the “Key Admin List.” You should request this list at www.bu.edu/hr/home/forms/key-administrator-list/. As described below, list will then be sent directly to the IT Help Center for import into the Broadcast Message System.
- Write and format your message. A basic BU template is available to you through use of the system and you can write to email@example.com if you would like a copy of it. However, most likely you will want to work with a template you already have, or develop one.
- Request a copy of the Key Admin List at www.bu.edu/hr/home/forms/key-administrator-list/.
- Once that request is processed, the list will be sent directly to the IT Help Center for import into the Broadcast Message System. If you specify, a copy will also be sent to you.
- Authorization to send the message must be secured in advance. If you are authorized to send the message to the target population, that’s fine and you will simply be asked to state that in a message. However, if a higher level of authorization is required (e.g. your Director or Department Chair) you’ll want to supply that. It might be helpful to refer to the Target Constituencies page for information on wider target populations and those required approval sources, although those approvals may not apply to your situation.
- Next, follow the steps outlined on The Sending Process page.