Lync and Skype Integration
If you are on Skype
1. You will need a Microsoft account (formerly known as the Windows Live ID). You might already have a Microsoft account if you have used Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail), Microsoft E-Learning, Windows Phone, Xbox LIVE, or any other Microsoft resources that required you to log in.
2. Download the most current version of Skype available from Skype.com.
3. Log in to Skype using your Microsoft account. (If you are using the most current version of Skype, you will see that option on the Skype login screen.)
4. Next, as shown below, if you already have a Skype account that you prefer to use, you can log into it and it will be merged with your Windows account. Alternatively, you can join Skype as a new user and that will be associated with your Windows account.
5. Once you are logged in to Skype, you can add Lync contacts. Type into Search the full email address (e.g. email@example.com) of the Lync user you wish to communicate with and then add it to Contacts. The Lync user will then be prompted to confirm that you are a Contact and, once they do, you will be able to communicate.
If you are on Lync
Mac – Search on the Microsoft account email address of the Skype user you wish to connect with (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and then add that contact just as you normally would. The Skype user will then be prompted to confirm that you are a contact and, once they do, you will be able to communicate.
Windows – Create a new Contact using Add a Contact Not in My Organization -> Skype in order to set up the Windows account email address of a Skype contact. The Skype user will then be prompted to confirm that you are a contact and, once they do, you will be able to communicate.