BUworks – Employee Self-service
Employee Self-service (ESS) is a web-based interface providing capabilities that enable employees to create, view, and modify data anytime and anywhere. Employees will use this application to view and update personal information, access benefit information, enter time, and view pay statements.
Faculty, Researchers, Staff (employees on the University payroll)
BUworks provides an integrated infrastructure that supports human capital management, payroll, budget, finance, procurement, and research administration across the University. BUworks improves our ability to plan and manage by fostering collaboration and consistency of information.
- The majority of hourly-paid employees will enter hours worked into a formatted template in SAP and then submit the time sheet online to their manager. During Phase 1, these services are only applicable to certain non-exempt employees.
- Newly hired employees will also be able to select and enroll in their benefits online.
- Employees will be able to obtain up-to-date info on plan participation and flexible savings account (FSA) balances.
- New W-4 functionality will enable employees to update their federal and state tax withholding online and have the change take effect immediately.
- Employees will also be able to set up direct deposit to multiple accounts, including deposits to the University Credit Union (UCU).
- Employees can update personal data, including home addresses, and update their family members/dependents information.
BU login name and Kerberos password