The Fitness and Recreation Center and the Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance departments are supported by a suite of services — some designed use by clients, others for administrative use. These services facilitate membership self-enrollment for affiliates and their families, class selection, billing, etc.
Some administrative functions are available on the Web through the Business Link, while others are available only through GALAXY, the mainframe function portal. GALAXY enables administrative staff to view, manage, and extract business information which supports the University enterprise. The range of services spans all business processes provided by central administration. These include student, financial, employment, alumni, and other business information. Each client’s menu is based on individual job function, and access to services is controlled by the business office responsible for the service.
For FitRec/PERD, these functions cover the areas of membership, class registration, billing, etc.
Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Alumni, New/Incoming Students, Guests
Self-service for clients of FitRec and PERD reduces administrative overhead and allows clients to maintain their membership choices and status. The administrative interfaces enable the business to process transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Self-service for clients using the Fitness and Recreation Center in terms of membership, class selection etc.
- Web-based administrative suite of applications
Requirements for self-service are defined by the Fitness and Recreation Center
- Self-service access is available through the appropriate portal (StudentLink, Employee Link, and the FitRec site).
- Administrative functions are available through the Business Link.
- Requests for administrative enhancements or maintenance are initiated using the IS&T Application Services Request Form.