Register a Nintendo Wii on the BU Network
In order to register your Wii with the BU network, you will have to purchase and connect the Nintendo Wii LAN adapter.
- After connecting the LAN adapter to your Wii, connect your Wii to wired Ethernet using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your computer to the other Ethernet port in your room (your roommate’s port).
- Select the round Wii button from the bottom left side of the Wii home screen.
- Select the Wii Settings button
- Move to page 2 of the Wii Settings menu by clicking the blue right arrow button and select Internet.
- Choose Console Information and write down the USB Ethernet Adapter MAC Address
- Using your computer, visit our network registration page.
- Click Manual Registration.
- Enter the sequence of characters you took down from the Wii’s Settings page and click Submit Query. If you get an error message saying “You must be on the same network as the system you are trying to register,” then make sure that your computer and your Wii are both connected to wired Ethernet.
Note: Wii screenshots were sourced from home-network-help.com