Scientific Computing Facilities Resource Monitoring
This page contains links to information on current resource usage by users of the Scientific Computing Facilities, particularly the Shared Computing Cluster (SCC).
- Individuals can see a report on their CPU and Project Disk Space usage. These pages will also allow you to update your user information such as your email address, and to change your default project on the SCF systems (password-protected by BU login ID and Kerberos password).
- Principal Investigators can review all their projects including seeing current Project Disk Space usage.
Brief instructions on monitoring your account/project
- Users can see a report on their CPU and Project Disk Space usage and access and update additional personal information.
- Users should go here (which will require entering your BU login ID and Kerberos password when requested) and select your login ID from the (long) list (you should not have to enter your login/password a second time). Once you reach your own area, you will have a number of choices. You will be able to look up CPU and project disk usage for all projects you are a member of. You will also be able to update or change your personal information such as email address and phone number. These pages will also enable you to change your default project if you are a member of more than one SCF project. Finally, you will be able to see a recent and long-term usage report.
- Principal investigators can view Project Disk Space usage reports and see past monthly reports for any of your projects.
- Principal investigators should go here (which will require entering your BU login ID and Kerberos password when requested) and select your login ID from the list. You will then see both the forms for maintaining your projects (such as adding users) and two additional informational links below. Choose “See daily report on Project Disk Space usage for this project” to see a daily report on the disk space usage by the members of your project. Choose “Examine past monthly usage reports for this project” to see your monthly reports (with CPU and disk usage information) from recent months. This is the same material sent to principal investigators via email each month.
Send questions and comments to email@example.com