Enable a BU Google Apps Account
If you are an incoming student activating Early Access to your account
Please follow the steps outlined in the Welcome to BU Google Apps! page for new students.
If you are transitioning from ACS as an alum or a retired employee
Please follow the steps outlined in Transitioning from ACS.
If you are a current member of the faculty or staff
If you have Guest status
- Guest Account access to BU Google Apps will need to be pre-approved by the IT Help Center. Please have your faculty or staff sponsor submit the account request through www.bu.edu/help/tech/accounts.
- Once your account set up process is complete, you can login and begin using BU Google Apps at www.bu.edu/google.
If you are a Department representative seeking to set up a Service (Department) Account
If you are enabling an account for a Student Organization (SAO)
The Student Activities Office (SAO) sponsors accounts for registered student organizations for the academic year, September through May. Organizations must renew their accounts annually. NOTE: Existing Student Organization (SAO) accounts should be transitioned to BU Google Mail. Instead of following the steps below, the person listed as the account owner should write to the IT Help Center for assistance – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow these steps to apply for a Student Organization (SAO) account:
- Complete and print the Student Organization Account Application. If your browser is set up to display PDF files, you can complete the form online before printing it.
Note: The form you complete is an interactive PDF file. You can complete it online, then print and sign it. Or, you can print it, complete it by hand, and sign it. In either case, you will need the free Acrobat Reader.
- Have a representative from the Student Activities Office sign the application.
- Return the application and letter from SAO to the IT Help Center.
- Include a list of the members who will have access to the account.
- Have a first and second choice of desired login name.
Note: Do not publish or publicize your organization’s login name until it has been confirmed by IS&T. It can cause a lot of confusion and expense if for some reason the login name you’ve chosen is not available or usable.
- You will be called to come in to establish the password when the application has been approved and the computer account created.
Note: Student organization accounts expire at the end of May. In September, the president of the student organization can reactivate the account by providing the IT Help Center with an updated letter from the SAO, and a new list of students who will be using the account.
It is the responsibility of the president of the student organization to notify the IT Help Center of additional members using the account. The president should change the password to the computer account anytime a member who has access to the account leaves the organization.