Help will be available from the IT Help Center during move-in and throughout the year.
- Use wireless by logging in to the BU (802.1x) network when it comes up, using your BU login name and Kerberos password.
- You may need helping setting up devices (such as an Xbox, Wii, or VoIP phone) on our network. Learn more…
- For everything you need to know about getting connected, see www.bu.edu/tech/movein.
- Remember, when you use BU technology resources you are agreeing to the Conditions of Use and Policy on Computing Ethics.
Get Educational Pricing
Protect your Data and Devices
- Antivirus and spyware detection software is provided.
- Remember that you should never leave your laptop or device unattended in a public area or in an unlocked residence.
- Register your computer with BUPD.
- Back up your important files! Use Google Drive, subscribe to CrashPlan, save to an external/thumb drive or even just e-mail important documents to yourself. Make sure you do whatever is needed to ensure that you always have multiple copies of your work.
Collaborate, Navigate, Learn!
Make sure you are reading your BU email It’s important to check the mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org because this is the official way for the University to contact you. If you have an existing e-mail account that you prefer to use, you can forward your BU email using the Settings menu within BU Google Mail.
Turnitin – Your professors will be checking for plagiarism, and you should too! Learn more about the Turnitin plagiarism detection service.
Printing – Thanks to Blackboard and other online services, many documents won’t need to be printed. If you do not have a printer in your room, or for times when you need large-scale printing, you can use MyPrint. NOTE: If you do opt to bring a printer to your room, it must be capable of connecting via wireless (802.1x) or will need to run on Ethernet cable. Learn more at www.bu.edu/tech/movein.
The Student Link – You might have already used the Student Link – or will soon! It provides access to all of your personal, academic, financial and other information relevant to Boston University. You can register for classes, pay your bills, buy Convenience Points, and maintain other information. Learn more and use the “The Link” at bu.edu/studentlink.
Find Help and Follow Us!
IS&T’s IT Help Center – Ask questions, get help, get repairs.