Welcome to Team ResNet
If you have been hired as an IT Help Center ResNet Consultant, congratulations! This page explains some of the things that will happen between now and the time you first start work.
There is a small amount of paperwork that you must complete before you begin working. We will ask you to print out and fill out some of the following forms and then return them to IT Student Manager.
- The Information Services & Technology Hiring Short Form is required for everyone who works at the IT Help Center.
- If this is your first job at BU and you are a US citizen or permanent resident, you will need to come in with some specific forms of ID and fill out the I-9 form. The form itself tells you (on the last page) what types of ID you will need. Note that you should only fill out Section One of this form — the IT Help Center staff will fill out Section Two.Note: If you are an International Student, please read this important information (PDF), and file your I-9 with the ISSO rather than with the IT Help Center staff. You can then bring us the form the ISSO will give you.
- If you haven’t filled out a tax withholding form recently, you may want to give us an updated W-4 form.
- The IT Help Center requires all new hires to complete a FERPA form. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act is a federal law that guarantees the confidentiality of a student’s records. For more information on FERPA visit the Student Employment Office website.
- In an effort to make the IT Help Center a more efficient, respectful, and professional environment we want to make sure you understand and comply with basic and necessary guidelines for the rules of conduct. Please read and sign the following document: Rules of Conduct
Please feel free to contact IT Student Manager if you have questions about any of these forms.
Your Start Date and Your Schedule
IT Student Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) does the scheduling for ResNet and if you have any questions about the hours you will be working, please email.
ResNet Staff Consultants
The IT Help Center includes numerous staff members whose offices are at 533 Commonwealth Ave and beyond.
If you have any questions about your new job, please feel free to talk to any of the IT Help Center staff. We look forward to working with you!