8th Annual CISE Award Winners 2011
CISE Pizza Party and Award Ceremony
In conjunction with the BU Science & Engineering Symposium on Wednesday, March 23rd, the Center for Information and Systems Engineering celebrates CISE graduate student research with the 8th annual CISE awards. This year, the CISE First Prize Award ($500) was given on March 23 at 4 pm by President Brown along with the other main awards. CISE Honorable Mention winners were announced at the CISE Pizza Party and Award Ceremony.
Congratulations to CISE First Prize winners:
- Joseph Wang – Advisor, David Castañón “Kernelizing Low-Rank Representation and Learning”
- Sonal Ambwani – Advisor , W. Clem Karl “Joint Motion Correction and Super-resolution Based reconstruction in Coronary PET/CT Imaging”
Congratulations to CISE Honorable mention winners:
- Ajay Kumar Bangla – Advisor, Advisor David Castañón “Distributed Algorithms for Nonlinear Resource Allocation”
- Zachary Sun – Advisor, W. Clem Karl “Non-Rotational Tomography for Luggage Scanning using Krylov Methods”
- Kirill Trapeznikov – Advisor, David Castañón“Active Boosted Learning”
Congratulations to Smart Lighting Award winner:
- Margo Monroe – Advisor, Selim Unlu, “Multiplexed, Rapid Point of Care Device to Quantify Allergen –Specific IgE”
Entries were judged on scientific or engineering innovation, relevance, promise of future impact, societal implications, and the exhibitor’s presentation. All students whose advisors are CISE affiliated were considered for the CISE awards.
The 2011 CISE judges were:
- John Baillieul, Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Mark Crovella , Professor, Computer Science, College of Arts and Sciences
- Ionnis Paschalidis, Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
- Ari Trachtenberg, Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
- Piroz Vakili, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Hua Wang, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- SE Visiting Committee members- Professor Y. C. Ho (Harvard University- School of Engineering & Applied Sciences), Dimitris Bertsimas (MIT-Sloan School of Managment).