Executive Telecom Briefing #12- Smart RFID & Sensor Networks
Wednesday February 16, 2005
Telecom Briefing Objective
The deployment of smart RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) and sensor networking technologies has gained strong momentum in recent months. Driven by the requirements from key players such as Wal-Mart and the Department of Defense to reduce supply chain costs, many companies are adopting RFID as the leading solution for automated product identification.
More recently, smart RFID transponders are being used in more and more applications such as theft prevention, environment monitoring, and critical infrastructure protection. Moreover, sensor networks are being deployed more ubiquitously with many applications in healthcare, retail, military and homeland security.
You won’t want to miss this event if you want to become a key player in the emerging smart RFID and sensor network markets!
Issues to be explored include:
- Latest technology breakthroughs in RFID and Sensor Networks
- New markets and applications for smart RFID and sensors
- New products and case studies in smart RFID and sensor networking
- Industry trends and market forecasts
- Merger and acquisitions activities and potentials
- Recent developments in RFID standards