Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Division of Systems Engineering
College of Engineering
Associate Dean of Educational Initiatives
Smart Lighting Engineering Research Center
8 St. Mary’s St.
tdcl at bu.edu
- Wireless sensor networks
- Mobile ad hoc networking and computing
- Vehicular networking
- Distributed systems
- Multimedia streaming and storage
- Ecological applications
- Opportunistic networking
- Ambient computing
- Visible Light Communications
Thomas Little is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Boston University. He is Director of the Multimedia Communications Lab at Boston University where he is involved in the the development of enabling technologies and applications for interactive multimedia systems.
Professor Little received the BS degree in biomedical engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1983, and the MS degree in electrical engineering and Ph.D. degree in computer engineering from Syracuse University in 1989 and 1991. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE, a member of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies and a member of the Association for Computing Machinery. He serves on the editorial boards of IEEE Multimedia and ACM/Springer Multimedia Systems and on various program committees for the ACM and IEEE.
- S. Guo, C. Fan, and T. D. C. Little, “Supporting Concurrent Task Deployment in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Proc. Intl. Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA2008), Cambridge, MA, June 2008.
- T. D. C. Little, P. Dib, K. Shah, N. Barraford, and B. Gallagher, “Using LED Lighting for Ubiquitous Indoor Wireless Networking,” 4th IEEE Intl. Conf. on Wirless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob 2008), Avignon, France, October 2008.
- A. Agarwal, D. Starobinski, and T. D. C. Little, “Analytical Model for Message Propagaion in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks,” Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conf. 2008, Singapore, May 2008.
- T. D. C. Little and A. Agarwal “Connecting Vehicles to ‘The Grid’,” Proc. NITRD National Workshop on High-Confidence Automotive Cyber- Physical Systems, April 3-4, 2008, Troy, MI.
- J. P. Tower and T. D. C. Little, “A Proposed Scheme for Epidemic Routing With Active Curing for Opportunistic Networks,” Proc. 1st IEEE Intl. Workshop on Opportunistic Networking, Okinawa, Japan, March 2008.
- A. Agarwal, D. Starobinski, and T. D. C. Little, “Exploiting Downstream Mobility to Achieve Fast Upstream Message Propagation in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks,” Proc. Mobile Networking for Vehicular Environments 2007, Infocom 2007, Anchorage, AK, May 2007.
- T. D. C. Little, P. Ishwar, and J. Konrad, “A Wireless Video Sensor Network for Autonomous Coastal Sensing,” in Proc. Conference on Coastal Environmental Sensing Networks, (CESN 2007), Boston MA April 2007.
- T. D. C. Little and A. Agarwal, “An Information Propagation Scheme for VANETs,” Proc. 8th Intl. IEEE Conf. on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2005), Vienna Austria, Sept. 2005.
- P. Basu, A. Narayanan, W. Ke, T.D.C. Little, and A. Bestavros, “Optimal Scheduling of Secondary Content for Aggregation in Video-on- Demand Systems,” Proc. 8th Intl. Conf. on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN ’99), October 1999.