Sustainable Art Contest
sustainability@bu will be joining the BU Arts Initiative to host a Sustainable Art Contest as part of the Earth Day Festival to be held on GSU Plaza on Wednesday, April 22, 2015.
Sustainable Art Contest Rules & Registration
- Contest open to all Boston University students (full or part-time). Individual and group art accepted
- Register your entry using the form below by Friday, April 17
- Entries must be delivered to the BU Arts Initiative table at the GSU plaza by noon for display at the Earth Day Festival on April 22, 2015
- Two dimensional and three dimensional work are allowed
- All artwork must be the sole and original work of the student(s)
- Entries must use at least 90% recycled content – recycled materials, metals, paper, rubber, glass, plastic, cloth or other recycled content materials. 10% permitted use of non-recyclable fasteners, such as glue, tape, etc. (though 100% recycled will be noted)
- Entries to include a written description of the sustainability related theme, what makes the piece sustainable, and list of recycled materials used and the contribution to recycled content of each material by weight
- Artwork cannot be larger than 4’x4’
- BU, the BU Arts Initiative, and sustainability@BU are not responsible for any damage to artwork
- New This Year! Artists can submit their description along with up to three photos by April 10th to be included in the People’s Choice Award determined by online voting
- Select panel of judges will pick the winner(s) based on creativity, strength of sustainability related theme, concept, use of materials, and adherence to the above rules
- Please register here no later than Friday, April 17.
Prizes include: $25 UBurger Gift Card, Two passes to the ICA Boston, more to be announced