Sustainable Art Contest
sustainability@bu will be joining the BU Arts Initiative to host a Sustainable Art Contest as part of the Earth Day Festival to be held on GSU Plaza on Thursday, April 24, 2014.
Sustainable Art Contest Rules & Registration
- Contest open to all Boston University students (full or part-time). Individual and group art accepted.
- Two dimensional and three dimensional work allowed.
- All artwork must be the sole and original work of the student(s).
- Entries must use at least 90% recycled content – recycled materials, metals, paper, rubber, glass, plastic, cloth or other recycled content materials. 10% permitted use of non-recyclable fasteners, such as glue, tape, etc. (though 100% recycled will be noted).
- Entries to include a written description of the sustainability related theme, what makes the piece sustainable, and list of recycled materials used and the contribution to recycled content of each material by weight.
- Artwork cannot be larger than 4’x4’x4’.
- BU, the BU Arts Initiative, and Sustainability@BU are not responsible for any damage to artwork.
- Select panel of judges will pick the winner(s) based on creativity, strength of sustainability related theme, concept, use of materials, and adherence to the above rules.
- Please register here no later than April 15, 2014.