Susilo 2017 Symposium
The second annual Susilo Symposium hosted by the Susilo Institute for Ethics in the Global Economy was held on June 15-17, 2017 at Boston University Questrom School of Business.
The Susilo Symposium was part of a new Global Business Ethics Week, which began at Bentley University and then moved to BU. The third annual Susilo Symposium is being planned for June 2018 in Beijing, China, hosted at Tsinghua University.
Download the program guide to learn about:
- Program Agenda and Venues
- Session Panelists
- Abstracts & Speaker Bios
Panels, Presentations, and Site Visits
The program was directed specifically toward both academics and practitioners. It featured over fifteen plenary and panel sessions with nearly sixty speakers, which included:
- Up-to-the-minute sessions such as “Values, Culture, and Trust,” “Inherent Bias,” and “Globally Responsible Leadership,” examining cases drawn from both East and West vantage points.
- A broad range of perspectives shared by speakers from 41 organizations and universities China, India, Europe, and North America.
- Insightful speakers who challenged assumptions, and whose sessions ranged from “Is It Profitable to Persuade with Purpose?” to “Publishing in Business Ethics Journals Today.”
- Onsite visits to learn how organizations are grappling with business ethics issues at Aeronaut Brewing, Bright Horizons, Panera Cares, and Fenway Park.
- Opportunities for networking among colleagues and between academics and practitioners.
2018 Susilo Symposium
Please join our mailing list to make sure you hear about the third annual Susilo Symposium in June 2018 in Beijing, China, hosted at Tsinghua University. If you have additional questions, please contact us by e-mail.