How to Apply
Please check back on December 15 for more details about our Summer 2019 programs and to submit an application.
We consider applicants who are entering their freshman or sophomore year of high school in Fall 2019. Admission decisions take into consideration the applicant's grades and personal statement.
How to Apply
Complete online application.
- Personal Statement: When using the online application, you will be required to submit a 500-700 word personal statement describing why you want to attend the Summer Preview program.
- Submit the application fee: A non-refundable application fee, paid by credit card, is required at the time of submission of the online application.
- Upload supplemental materials (you will receive an upload link via email):
- Transcript: Upload a copy of your transcript from your previous two years of school (7th, 8th, and/or 9th grades). Your full transcript must include your Fall 2018 grades (in a quarter system, this includes first and second quarter grades).
- International Documents: International students must upload an additional form and a copy of their passport with the application.
Note: email is the primary form of communication during the application and admission process. Please ensure that both parent and student emails are entered correctly on the application. Inform our office immediately if there is a change in either email address.
Boston University Summer Term
Summer Preview Program
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room B05
Boston, MA 02215
While applications for Summer Preview remain open until two weeks before the program begins, students who apply early are more likely to receive the seminar selection of their choice. If you are willing to attend alternate seminars, please rank your selections on the application. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and only completed applications are reviewed. Once we receive your completed application, we will email you to confirm its receipt.
We begin reviewing applications at the beginning of January. Within three weeks of confirming our receipt of your completed application, an admission decision will be emailed to you.
If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us.