How to Apply
The Boston University Summer Term High School Programs office is no longer accepting applications for the 2014 Research Internship in Science and Engineering Program.
We consider applicants who are entering their senior year of high school in 2014. Admission is based on a combination of high school grades, rigor of courses taken, standardized test scores, a personal statement, and two letters of recommendation.
How to Apply
- Complete online application.
- When using the online application, you will be required to submit a 500 - 750 word personal statement describing what field you want to study and why.
- Submit the application fee:
- A $50 non-refundable application fee, paid by credit card, is required at the time of submission of the online application form.
- Email, mail, or fax:
- An official copy of your complete high school transcript including your fall 2013 grades (first and second quarter grades, if applicable).
- A copy of your most recent PSAT, SAT, PLAN, or ACT scores. Please email, fax, or mail a copy of your scores directly to our office. We will not receive them if you send them through the testing agency.
- Two letters of recommendation; one from a science or math teacher and one from a guidance counselor.
Note: Email is the primary form of communication through the application and admission process. Please ensure that both parent and student emails are entered correctly on the application. Inform our office immediately if there is a change in either email address.
Boston University Summer Term
Research Internship in Science & Engineering Program
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 105
Boston, MA 02215
The application deadline for the completed application including financial aid materials for the Research Internship in Science and Engineering Program is March 31, 2014.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and only completed applications are reviewed. We will email you once we have received your completed application. Since we begin to make placements in January we encourage you to apply earlier rather than later. Admission decisions and placements may take up to six weeks from receipt of a completed application.
- Within 5-10 days of receiving a completed application by the RISE Program office, the application is reviewed.
- Qualified applications will be sent to relevant research mentors to make final decisions and placements.
- Decisions are returned to the RISE Program office.
- An official letter will be emailed from the RISE Program email account, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Decisions may take between 4-6 weeks.
- Decisions are sent via email once they are made.
For any further questions or comments, contact us.