What to Bring
Congratulations on being accepted to Boston University's Summer Term High School Programs! Since you will be staying on campus, we have prepared a list of furnishings in each dorm room as well as a list of what you should bring with you to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.
In order to get your Boston University Terrier ID, you will need:
- A government issued photo ID (passport or driver's license)
- High school ID card AND birth certificate
In each dorm room, you will find:
- A dresser for each student
- A desk and chair for each student
- A bed frame and mattress for each student
- A closet or wardrobe for each student
What you should bring:
- Linens - Bring your own sheets, blankets, towels, and pillows. The beds in the dorm are all sized twin extra-long (80 inches long).
- Personal items - We recommend flip-flops for showering along with a shower caddy to carry your toiletries to the bathroom. Sunblock is very important for our beach trip. Personal hygiene items can be purchased at stores on campus.
- Hangers for your clothes.
- Fans - Rooms are not air-conditioned and get very warm during the summer.
- Other appliances - You may also want to bring a desk lamp and an alarm clock. NOTE: Hot pots, microwaves, and air conditioners are not allowed in the dorm. Items like blow dryers and curling irons are permitted. Microfridges (combined microwave and refrigerator units) are available for rent from BU (rental forms are available at check-in).
- Phone and Internet - There is no in-room telephone service, so we recommend that you bring a cell phone. Computers are available on campus. If you choose to bring your own computer, wireless internet access is available in the dorm and across the entire campus.
- Umbrella and rain gear.
- Laundry bag and laundry detergent.
- Water bottle.
- Flash Drive for your assignments.
NOTE: We strongly encourage international students to bring a cell phone that operates in the United States. Students who do not bring a working cell phone must be with another student that possesses a working phone anytime they travel off campus.
Dress is casual. Please bring a pair of sneakers/walking shoes, a bathing suit for the beach, and if your schedule includes a trip to the theater, an appropriate outfit. If you will be working in a laboratory, bring appropriate lab attire, such as closed toe shoes and long pants/skirt. The poster symposium in the RISE Program requires business-casual attire.