Group outings to Faneuil Hall and Newbury Street, movie and game nights in the dorm, basketball at FitRec, or ultimate frisbee on the Boston Common—these are just a few examples of the activities that students might participate in as part of AIM. Social events help orient you to the city of Boston and help you get to know the other students in the program. Also, our events are fun!
Note: we strive to build a close-knit community among AIM students, and as a result participation is mandatory for some of our events. During free time, students will have the opportunity to participate in other activities—such as practicing their musical instrument, playing sports at FitRec, or exploring Boston.
Sample Schedule of Academic Immersion Program Activities
Please note that this is a sample schedule and activities may be different this summer.
- Check-in at Warren Towers
- Student orientation
- Public safety talk
- Floor meeting with your Program and Resident Assistants
- ”Ice Night“: Ice breakers and ice cream
- Visit to the Institute of Contemporary Art
- Visit to Faneuil Hall/North End
- Visit to Newbury Street
- Visit to Museum of Fine Arts
- Performance by Improv Boston
- Trip to Hampton Beach, NH
- Red Sox game
- Visit to Harvard Square
- Final reception