Center for Career Development (formerly Career Services)
Senior Office Assistant
Job description - Greet employers and students, schedule counseling appointments, answer phones and assist students/employers with general questions regarding the Center and BU Career Link. Assist with additional office responsibilities such as copying and data entry and with special events such as the Career Expos. Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Students are asked in for a brief interview; interviews take place within the first few weeks of the semester; if previous office experience (esp. in a busy office), is a bonus but no prior office experience is required; all new hires are trained.
How To Apply
Just mail resume and the hours they can work to Donna Devlin (email@example.com).
About 10 hours a week
Career Ambassadors will be selected to have either an internal or external focus. Those who are internally focused will staff walk-ins to critique resumes and cover letters, answer quick career questions and provide programs as needed. Those who are externally focused will implement outreach plans across the university and offer programs as needed.
* Serve as an ambassador for the CCD
* Staff review hours and offer workshops focused on resume critiques, cover letter preparation, interviewing, and more. Offer programs to provide an overview of the CCD
* Participate in BU events to help promote the CCD
* Advise students with resume and cover letters questions
* Answer basic questions regarding the CCD and refer students to appropriate staff, information, and/or resources
* Assist students with questions regarding BU Careerlink
* Present workshops as requested by outside groups including: resumes, cover letters, interviewing, and introduction to the CCD
* Help to promote career events as needed through a multifaceted marketing strategy
* Serve as a Career Ambassador during campus events (such as Splash, Parents Weekend, Wellness Fair, etc.)
* Volunteer six to eight hours a week, including attending a one-hour meeting
* Participate in required training sessions
* Support office projects as assigned
* Dependable, enthusiastic
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to present information to groups
* Desire to assist peers with career questions
* Minimum commitment of one academic year
How To Apply
Download application here.