The first month of school is officially over, and Fall has begun!...
- Today is Thursday, September 29
- One week outOctober 6
- Two weeks outOctober 13
- Three weeks outOctober 20
- Four weeks outOctober 27
Starting week (4 weeks out)
- Register your event via OrgSync to secure a space for your performance. Browse available rooms to find the best one for your event. You’ll probably also want to reserve a space for rehearsal. Rehearsals will need to be registered as a separate event if they are in a different location than your show.
- Four weeks before the performance, secure performance rights for the play and pay for them via the Treasury in OrgSync.
- Your group must secure rights before you can perform the play. Any performance without obtaining rights prior to the show is subject to cancellation.
- If performance rights are waived for your group, make sure Student Activities has written confirmation on file prior to the performance.
- Fill out Treasury Request for Facilities Management & Planning (FM&P)—including an electrician if using Morse Auditorium or the GSU—or speak to an activities consultant about potential FM&P needs.
- Fill out a Treasury Request for Student Production Services (SPS) to request your A/V needs.
- Student Activities staff will determine if you will need BUPD or added security. If so, you will need to complete a Treasury Request to ensure services and payment.
- For ticket sales, use Eventbrite, set up through the Student Activities Business Office. *If your show will be performed at any athletic facility, paper tickets must be sold through Activities Information or through your organization using a cash bag.
2 weeks out
- This is a good time to do any advertising for your play. *Remember: posters, flyers, and cards can only be disseminated on campus.
- If you’re selling advance tickets for the performance, open ticket sales.
- Hit your social media outlets hard this week to boost attendance.
- If you’re selling tickets at the door, request ticket printing and stop by SABO the business day before your event to pick up a cash bag. Familiarize yourself with important cash collection policies.
After the performance
- Bring any cash collection materials and all cash collected to the Student Activities Business Office within one business day.