As the summer comes to an end, we're reflecting on how healthy...
- Today is Thursday, August 21
- One week outAugust 28
- Two weeks outSeptember 4
- Three weeks outSeptember 11
- Four weeks outSeptember 18
Starting week (4 weeks out)
- Request program space from the Reservations Office. Browse available rooms to find the best one for your event.
- Once you receive the reservation number, complete the On-Campus Event Form and turn it in to Student Activities along with any other necessary paperwork.
- Four weeks before the performance, secure performance rights for the scores or script and pay for them with a purchase order through Student Activities.
- Your group must secure rights before you can perform the piece or pieces. Any performance without obtaining rights prior to the show is subject to cancellation.
- If performance rights are waived for your group, make sure Student Activities has written confirmation on file prior to the performance.
- Set up a rehearsal schedule with your performers. Reserve space for your practice sessions with the Reservations Office.
- Fill out ISRs for Facilities Management & Planning (FM&P)—including an electrician if using Morse Auditorium or the GSU—or speak to an activities consultant about potential FM&P needs.
- Contact Student Production Services (SPS) to request your A/V needs. Complete an ISR once you receive the quote.
- A Student Activities staff member will determine if will need BUPD or added security.
- For ticket sales, use Eventbrite, set up through the Student Activities Business Office (SABO). *If your music will be performed at any athletic facility, paper tickets must be sold through Activities Information or through your organization using a cash bag.
2 weeks out
- This is a good time to do any advertising for your performance. *Remember: posters, flyers, and cards can only be disseminated on campus.
- If you’re selling advance tickets for the performance, open ticket sales.
After the performance
- Bring any cash collection materials and all cash collected to the Student Activities Business Office within one business day.