If you're like us, you probably woke up today and thought "It's...
- Today is Monday, April 27
- One week outMay 4
- Two weeks outMay 11
- Three weeks outMay 18
- Four weeks outMay 25
Starting week (4 weeks out)
- Register the event via OrgSync to secure space. Browse available rooms to find the best one for your event or meet with an Event Consultant to discuss space options.
- Four weeks before the performance, secure performance rights for the scores or script and pay for them via a Treasury Request in OrgSync.
- Your group must secure rights before you can perform the piece or pieces. Any performance without obtaining rights prior to the show is subject to cancellation.
- If performance rights are waived for your group, make sure Student Activities has written confirmation on file prior to the performance.
- Set up a rehearsal schedule with your performers. Reserve space for your practice sessions by registering the event on OrgSync.
- Submit Treasury requests to secure the services for Facilities Management & Planning (FM&P)—including an electrician if using Morse Auditorium or the GSU—or speak to an activities consultant about potential FM&P needs.
- Submit a Treasury request to secure the services of Student Production Services (SPS) to meet your A/V needs.
- A Student Activities staff member will determine if will need BUPD or added security.
- For ticket sales, use Eventbrite, set up through the Student Activities Business Office (SABO). *If your music will be performed at any athletic facility, paper tickets must be sold through Activities Information or through your organization using a cash bag.
2 weeks out
- This is a good time to do any advertising for your performance. *Remember: posters, flyers, and cards can only be disseminated on campus.
- If you’re selling advance tickets for the performance, open ticket sales.
- Hit your social media outlets hard this week to boost attendance.
- If you’re selling tickets at the door, request ticket printing and visit the Business Office one business day prior to your event to pick up a cash bag. Familiarize yourself with important cash collection policies.
After the performance
- Bring any cash collection materials and all cash collected to the Student Activities Business Office within one business day.