One of the best parts about coming to BU is all of...
- Today is Wednesday, August 27
- One week outSeptember 3
- Two weeks outSeptember 10
- Three weeks outSeptember 17
- Four weeks outSeptember 24
Starting week (4 weeks out)
- Request program space from the Reservations Office. Browse available spaces to find the best one for your event.
- Come into Student Activities to meet with a staff member to review the plans for your event. We’ll determine security needs and all the necessary paperwork for your event.
- Once you receive a reservation number, complete the On-Campus Event and Performer Information Forms.
- Based on the Performer Information Form, the Student Activities Business Office (SABO) will generate a contract for the performer/act.
- The artist/performer/agency must read the contract, agree to its terms, and mail the signed contract back to Student Activities. Only the performer or his/her agent can sign the contract.
- *The signed contract must be received at least 10 days before the event to guarantee the check will be ready.
- We will send the contract to BU’s Assistant Treasurer for signature and payment authorization. No one else is authorized to sign contracts on behalf of BU.
- A check will be released for the performer only after receiving the signed contract and W-9 for the event.
- Any rider items like sound, lighting, or stage equipment should be submitted separately by the performer/agent. Your group is responsible for providing these items.
- Fill out ISRs for Facilities Management & Planning (FM&P) or speak to an activities consultant about potential FM&P needs.
- Submit a request to Student Production Services (SPS) for your A/V needs. Don’t forget to share the performer’s rider items with SPS to ensure you have the right setup.
- Contact a Student Activities staff member to determine whether you will need BUPD or added security.
- For ticket sales, use Eventbrite, set up through the Student Activities Business Office (SABO). *If your concert will be performed at any athletic facility, paper tickets must be sold through Activities Information or through your organization using a cash bag.
2 weeks out
- This is a good time to do any advertising for your performance. *Remember: posters, flyers, and cards can only be disseminated on campus.
- If you’re selling advance tickets for the performance, open ticket sales.
- Hit your social media outlets hard this week to boost attendance.
- If you’re selling tickets at the door, request ticket printing and fill out a Cash Collection Form (a full week prior to the performance). Familiarize yourself with important cash collection policies.
After the show or event
- Bring any cash collection materials and all cash collected to the Student Activities Business Office within one business day.