Frequently Asked Questions

Our website also has answers to your frequently asked questions about the Tuition Payment plan.

How can I contact Student Accounting Services?

You can contact us in the following ways:

Send Correspondence to: Boston University, Student Accounting Services, 881 Commonwealth Avenue, Lower Level, Boston, MA 02215-1390.

How can I find out my Student Account balance?

You can learn the current balance on your Student Account by accessing the Student Account Inquiry option on the Student Link.

What are pending items?

Pending items reflect anticipated payments or Financial Aid amounts, and as such may be subject to change. If anticipated loans do not appear on your invoice as either credits or pending items, it may indicate that certain requirements for these loans have not been completed, and you should contact BU Financial Assistance at 617-353-2965. Graduate students should contact the financial aid officer at their school.

What will happen if there are insufficient funds in my bank account to cover a check payment?

If a check is returned for non-payment, Boston University reserves the right to take any or all of the following actions:

  • Assess a $25.00 fee for each returned check
  • Limit access to University services, including library borrowing privileges and release of academic records
  • Restrict future methods of payment to either cash or bank check

In addition to tuition, what are the other charges on my invoice?

Please refer to Tuition and Fees for information about specific fees.

Am I required to pay the medical insurance charge?

Please refer to Medical Insurance for information regarding insurance coverage requirements and waiving the medical insurance charge.

Please note: Full-time graduate students are charged a Health Services Fee each semester. This is a mandatory fee, unrelated to medical insurance, and cannot be waived. For more information, please refer to the Fees Explained section.