An online digital library containing nearly 250 unpublished, informally published and popular...
Directories and Statistics
- Directory of Departments and Programs of Religious Studies in North America. Council on the Study of Religion. (1994)
Mugar Reference X BL 41 D57
- A Directory of Religious and Parareligious Bodies and Organizations in the United States. James V. Geisendorfen.
Mugar Reference XBL 2525 G43 1989
- Religious Bodies in the United States: A Directory. J. Gordon Melton.
Mugar Reference XBL 2525 M452 1992
- World Religions in Boston. 2nd. ed. Diana L. Eck.
Mugar Reference XBL 2527 B67 W67 1995
- The Directory of Religious Organizations in the United States.
Mugar Reference XBL 2530 U6 D57 1982
- Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches. Kenneth B. Bedell.
Theology Reference BR 513 Y4
Brief descriptions and addresses of headquarters. Appendixes include statistics on church membership and information on Christian, Jewish and Muslim religious calendars.
- Churches and Church Membership in the United States, 1990: An Enumeration By Region, State, and County, Based on Data Reported for 133 Church Groupings.
Mugar Reference XBR 526 C48 1992
This guide lists schools in the United States and Canada that have undergraduate or graduate departments or programs of religious studies. It also includes schools of theology. Most schools provide a program description, list of faculty, and additional information.
This directory only provides addresses.
These very brief descriptions, grouped by religion, include contact information and a list of religious periodicals associated with the tradition just discussed. An alphabetical index can be found at the end of the directory .
Compiled by The Pluralism Project at Harvard University, this guide provides essays on religious traditions in the Boston area and a directory of individual congregations or centers within each community. There are a short bibliography and an index at the end of the guide. The third edition of this directory is available in electronic format at the following site: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~pluralsm/98wrb/indexa.htm .
Secular and church affiliated organizations – not religious bodies.
This volume contains statistics for 133 Judeo-Christian churches or groups, providing information on the number of churches and members for regions, states, and counties in the United States. It consists of tables with an accompanying fold-out map illustrating which group predominates in each area. Appendices at the end of the volume provide information on the information gathering process, the situation with dual memberships, and on the churches themselves .