The BU Law Library recently acquired HeinOnline's Religion and the Law ebook...
Looking for dissertations? If you are searching for a Boston University thesis or dissertation (and do not know the author or title), please use the online catalog and do one of the following subject searches:
- Boston University. School of Theology–Dissertations, or, Boston University. School of Theology–Theses.
- Boston University. Division of Religious and Theological Studies–Dissertations, or, Boston University. Division of Religious and Theological Studies–Theses.
- Boston University. Dept. of [insert department name here]–Dissertations [or Theses]. (For example: Boston University. Dept. of Philosophy–Dissertations.]
Try the following list of websites for non-BU dissertations: http://www.bu.edu/sthlibrary/for-students/e-resources/dissertations/.
Dissertation/Thesis E-Resources through BU Libraries:
Dissertation Abstracts (UMI/Proquest) Full text-subscription from BU Libraries.
ERIC Contains some full-text dissertations.
BU WorldCat Local: Use advanced search and choose “Thesis/Dissertations” on the content drop-down menu.
Dissertation Sites Specific to Theology and Related Subjects:
- TREN: Theological Research Exchange NetworkTREN provides citations to 6,800 theological theses/dissertations and conference papers. Items can then be purchased through this site. The opening page actually states that they have 10,000 theses/dissertations, but the search page allows searching of 6,800 items.
- RIM: Research in Ministry Online“RIM® Online is a freely available database that indexes DMin and DMiss projects from reporting schools of theology accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. Indexing began in 1981.”
- Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology This is an international database of citations for dissertations in musicology that contains over 12,000 records. Dissertations are from approximately 1950 to the present. (This is probably more appropriate for a public or music library.)
General Dissertation/Thesis Search Sites:
- Digital Library and Archives Allows searching for citations and abstracts of over 6,700 theses and dissertations. Free full-text access is provided for over 4,500 of these items.
- Dissertation.com Dissertation.com has just a few hundred dissertations and theses in its collection, but the site allows free, full-text access to the first twenty-five pages of each item.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)NDLTD provides access to citations from thousands of digital dissertations and theses that are in PDF format. A significant number of these resources are freely available in full-text and can be viewed online.
- PhdData: The Universal Index of Dissertations in ProgressPhdData has citations from several thousand dissertations in progress from various parts of the world.
- Registry of Open Access Repositories (ROAR)
Dissertation Sites from US Universities:
- Caltech theses
- OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center
- Rutgers Electronic Theses & Dissertations (RUetd)
- University of Miami Electronic Theses & Dissertations
Non-US Dissertation Websites:
- Theses Canada PortalTheses Canada provides access to bibliographic citations for all the theses in the National Library of Canada Theses Collection. Access to full-text theses is available for all items published between January 1, 1998 to August 31, 2002.
- Center for Research Libraries foreign dissertations
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal (DEEP) European Working Group of the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations ( NDLTD). Access to 106,000 doctoral theses.
- EThOSFull text of theses from the British Library.
- Australasian Digital Theses Program
- Vidyanidhi: Digital Library and E-Scholarship Portal From India.
- Thèses de l’Université de Lyon 2
- EL : thèses en ligne
- E-Thesis theses from Finland.
- Abes: Agence Bibliographique de l’Enseignement Superieur (from France)
List compiled by Tanya Feddern-Bekcan, University of Miami Medical Library.Edited by James R Skypeck, Boston University School of Theology Library.