STH Faculty Publications
Faculty of the School of Theology are committed to research and scholarship within their respective fields of expertise. Below is a sampling of our faculty’s recent publications. Additional publications can be found on individual faculty profile pages or by linking to the catalog through the links below.
- Ammerman, Nancy Tatom. Sacred Stories, Spiritual Tribes: Finding Religion in Everyday Life (Oxford University Press, 2013).
For an interview with Dr. Ammerman about this book, go to Interview with Dr. Nancy Ammerman: Sacred Stories, Spiritual Tribes
- Botta, Alejandro F., Ed. In the Shadow of Bezalel: Aramaic, Biblical, and Ancient Near Eastern Studies in Honor of Bezalel Porten (Leiden: Brill, 2013).
- Evans, Christopher H. Histories of American Christianity: an Introduction. Waco: Baylor University Press, 2013.
- Fluker, Walter E., Ed. The Papers of Howard Washington Thurman (multi-volume), University of South Carolina Press, Volume 1, “My People Need Me,” 2009; Volume 2, “Christian, Who Calls Me Christian?,” 2012; Volume 3, “The Bold Adventure,” scheduled 2014; Volumes 4 and 5 in progress.
- _____, Ed. Educating Ethical Leaders for the Twenty-First Century, Cascade Books, 2013.
- Hart, John. Encountering ETI: Aliens in Avatar and the Americas, Eugene, OR: Cascade Books, Wipf & Stock, 2014.
- _____. Cosmic Commons: Spirit, Science, and Space. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books, Wipf & Stock, 2013.
The Library will be hosting a roundtable discussion of the Introduction to Cosmic Commons: Spirit, Science, and Space on Monday, November 10, 2014 from 1:00 to 2:00pm in the Library Conference Room. To register for this event, go to Faculty Author Roundtable Discussions. The reading is available at Faculty Author Roundtables: Digital Copies.
- Hill, Robert A. Courageous Gospel: Resources for Teachers, Students, and Preachers of the Fourth Gospel. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2013.
- Jacobsen, David Schnasa. Kairos Preaching: Speaking Gospel to the Situation. Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress Press, 2009.
- _____ . Mark Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2014.
- Moore, Mary Elizabeth, Ed. A Living Tradition: Critical Recovery and Reconstruction of Wesleyan Heritage. Nashville: Kingswood Books, 2013.
- Neville, Robert C. Existence: Philosophical Theology Volume Two. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press, 2014.
- _____. Ultimates: Philosophical Theology Volume One. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press, 2013.
For an interview with Dr. Neville about these two books, go to Interview with Dr. Robert Neville: Philosophical Theology, Vols 1 & 2
- Robert, Dana Lee. Christian Mission: how Christianity Became a World Religion. Chichester, U.K.; Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- Shenton, Andrew. The Cambridge companion to Arvo Pärt. Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Stone, Bryan P. A Reader in Ecclesiology. Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Publishing, 2012.
- Wolfteich, Claire E., Ed. Invitation to Practical Theology: Catholic Voices and Visions
- Area A: Biblical and Historical Studies
|Alejandro Botta||Robert Hill, Dean of Marsh Chapel||Dana Robert|
|Christopher Brown||Jennifer Knust||James Walters|
|Katheryn Pfisterer Darr||Elizabeth Parsons|
|Christopher Evans||Rady Roldan-Figueroa|
- Area B: Philosophy, Theology, and Ethics
|John Berthrong||Robert Neville||Thomas Thangaraj|
|Walter Fluker||Thomas Porter||Wesley Wildman|
|John Hart||Rodney Petersen|
|Ray Hart||Shelly Rambo|
- Area C: Religion, Culture, and Personality
|Ammerman, Nancy||Ellen Childs|
|Chris Schlauch||Ted Karpf|
- Area D: Ministry in Church and Society
|Hee An Choi||David Jacobsen||Bryan Stone|
|Carl Daw||Mary Elizabeth Moore, Dean||Karen Westerfield Tucker|
|Courtney Goto||Andrew Shenton||Claire Wolfteich|