Are you new to STH this semester? Did you miss library orientation? ...
The library is proud to announce that we now have access to The Canterbury Dictionary of Hymnology. According to the dictionary’s website, “It is an essential reference resource for scholars of global hymnody, with information on the hymns of many countries and languages, and a strong emphasis on the historical as well as the contemporary. It will be of interest to literary scholars, musicians, church historians, and theologians, and a delight for those who love the hymn as an art form.” The dictionary can be found here or on the E-Reference section of the STH Library website.
Please do not eat or drink in the library except in the Reading Room which is located at the far end of the library. In order to preserve the collection and avoid unwanted “visitors”, please do not eat in the vicinity of the stacks areas.
We appreciate your assistance.
The library staff will be shifting the collection over the next several months. Please excuse the noise as we try to adjust the collection to make room for new purchases throughout the collection. Labels will be removed as we work through each set of stacks so please ask for assistance if you cannot locate an item.
We apologize for the inconvenience this presents.
The Theology Library is conducting a short survey of KSA Use of the Theology Library. We are hoping to improve our services to international students. The survey only takes 5-10 minutes and will be available as a link on this page from October 15 -29.
Participation is voluntary, and all responses are kept anonymous and confidential. For more information on this survey, please contact Stacey Battles de Ramos at email@example.com or the Theology Library at firstname.lastname@example.org. *You may obtain further information about your rights as a research subject by calling the BU CRC IRB Office at 617-358-6115.
As an added bonus, five survey respondents will be randomly selected at the end of the survey for one of five $10 Starbucks gift cards. Please contact Stacey Battles de Ramos at sbattles@Bu.edu for more information.
Submit donations online at:
Remember to specify your donation is to the “Theology Library” at the bottom of the page.
Thank you for your time and contributions!
If interested in donating books to the Theology Library, please pay attention to the following :
- Books donated should be in good or better condition (no loose pages, broken bindings, etc.)
- Books should support the School of Theology curriculum or research.
- We cannot offer tax receipts for items. If you require documentation of your gift, we can merely provide a letter stating that you donated books to our library.
- The final disposition of donated items rests with the Library staff and may include:
- Sending donations to another library.
- Giving items to current students.
- Sale of items in a book sale or via a used book dealer.
- Placing items in the trash. (usually for items in poor condition, missing pages, without covers, etc.)
- The library cannot pick up items for donation.