The Theology Library will close at 2 pm on Wednesday, November 26,
Methodist Organizations and Archives
- New England Conference of the United Methodist Church
- The New England Methodist Historical Society
- The General Commission on Archives and History
- Canadian Methodist Archives (United Church of Canada)
- The Methodist Archives and Research Centre (MARC)
The Methodist Archives and Research Centre (MARC) was established by the Methodist Church of Great Britain in 1961 to house the Connexional records of the Church. The Centre was originally located at John Wesley’s Chapel, City Road, London, but in 1977 it was transferred to the John Rylands University Library of Manchester.
The size of the collection transferred from London was estimated at over 26,000 printed items and approximately 600 feet of manuscript shelving. Since 1977 the Archives have expanded considerably, with approximately 60,000 deposits of new material.