Intersession hours for the Theology Library are: Saturday, December 21 Closed Monday, December 23 8:00 am...
About the Theology Library
The School of Theology Library works to support the Boston University School of Theology as it educates women and men in the fields of theological and religious life. Working under the leadership of the School of Theology and collaboratively with other Boston University Libraries, the School of Theology Library combines highly specialized and discipline-specific knowledge and service with access to the world-class resources one would expect from a library at a major research university. From day-to-day activities to programming and outreach, from expertly curated archival collections to digital projects, the School of Theology Library is committed to excellence in its service to faculty, staff, students, and alumni at Boston University School of Theology.
About the School of Theology
The School of Theology originated in 1839 when a group of lay and ministerial delegates of the Methodist Episcopal Church began a school for the improvement of theological training. As the founding School of Boston University, the School of Theology now stands at the heart of the Charles River Campus, surrounded by the College of Arts and Sciences, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Law, Mugar Memorial Library, the George Sherman Union, and Marsh Chapel. Friends and members of the United Methodist Church provided the major funding for the School’s seven-story modified Gothic-style building, designed in 1948. Within this main facility are administrative offices, the Oxnam Room and Hartman Room, the Jefferson-Brown Room, the Muelder Chapel, and the School of Theology Library.
About Boston University
Boston University is one of the leading private research and teaching institutions in the world today, with two primary campuses in the heart of Boston and programs around the world.
Boston University was chartered in 1869 by Lee Claflin, Jacob Sleeper, and Isaac Rich, three successful Methodist businessmen whose abolitionist ideals led them to envision and create a university that was inclusive—that opened its doors to the world—and engaged in service to and collaboration with the city of Boston