Senior Pastor, full-time, Congregational Church: Springfield, MA
Position: Senior Pastor
Church: Saint John’s Congregational Church
Location: 45 Hancock Street, Springfield, MA. 01109
The Senior Pastor will work in conjunction with the church leadership in a biblical and synergistic capacity that will create high impactful Godly practices to furthering the mission of our church. This person will be responsible for casting a vision for the church that will connect with the community and grow the church body both spiritually and numerically. During the initial year, the Senior Pastor will work to cultivate trust and confidence through the convergence of present practices and leaderships with new practices. We believe this to be an opportunity to further the work of the Kingdom to reach our area for the Gospel of Christ.
The Senior Pastor shall provide for the spiritual well-being, growth, and leadership of the Church and all the services and meetings of this Congregation by:
- Ministering to the Congregation through the regular preaching and teaching of the Word of God.
- Rightly divide God’s Word and be tactful and relevant to communicate His truth in love.
- Administering the ordinances and sacraments of the Church.
- Charging and giving direction to the spiritual welfare of the Congregation and all Worship Services.
- Providing for the care, counseling, and visitation of the members of the Church.
- Providing vision, oversight, direction, and leadership for the Congregation and all of its ministries and affairs.
- Defining and communicating the Church’s purpose and mission.
- Overseeing and coordinating the administration, management, and day-to-day operations of the Church and give direction in the hiring, discipline, and dismissal of hired staff.
- Serving as the voting chairperson of the Ministry of Elders.
- Serving as the public representative for the Church in the community.
- Providing oversight, direction and leadership for all ministers in the Church.
- Demonstrating good leadership through transparency and accountability.
- Master of Divinity from an accredited Theological Seminary is required
- Relevant Pastoral experience is preferred, such as Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, or Youth Pastor but not required
How to Apply:
Is God calling you to do this work in this part of the vineyard? Start by praying and then send your resume and cover letter to . No phone inquiries please. The Pastoral Search Committee will acknowledge receipt of your resume and cover letter by email notification.
For more information and to view the full job description, click here: Saint John Job Announcement