By Jonathan Morgan
Fourth Presbyterian Church is seeking an Assistant Director of Children and Youth Ministries who will offer support in leading the church’s Youth Ministry programs. This is a part time position working 12 – 15 hours per week.
Fourth Presbyterian Church has been a part of South Boston since 1870. Situated between two housing projects, the church has at the heart of its mission a commitment to serve the neighborhood.
Will entail the support and coordination of various youth ministry programs throughout the week including but not limited to:
- Homework Help
- Sunday School for children and youth (Sundays and prep/special gatherings)
- Soul Possibilities (afterschool programming)
- Youth programs (including “Thursday Teen Crib” and “Friday Night Live”)
- Youth Organizing Project
- Summer Programming
- Summer Meals Program
- Mazemakers Program
- Teen Crib
- Special programs such as February Vacation Mini-Camp, Good Friday VBS, etc.
- Ability to interact well with both junior/senior high aged youth
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work with a team
- Accountability and reliability
- Good Communication Skills
- Participation in a Small Group
- Regular church attendance
- College Degree preferred
- Youth ministries experience a plus
If this position seems to fit your call, please submit a cover letter, your resume (PDF or Word) and references to email@example.com with “Application: Assistant Director of Youth Ministries” in the subject line.
First Congregational Church of Somerville, UCC, is a thriving community in the heart of Davis Square, Somerville, MA. They are seeking a dynamic and creative music leader who will work with their Minister, Associate Pastor, Organist and Choir to create inspiring and beautiful music for worship every Sunday.
For a full job description and contact info see: Somerville Music Director Full Job Description
The Paulist Center in Boston is seeking a full time Young Adult Minister.
Find more information about the Paulist Center and the position here: YA Job Description
The Korean Church of Boston (KCB) is looking for a part-time Children’s Pastor for our bilingual children’s ministry – the Sunflower Children’s Group. The KCB is a member of The Presbyterian Church, U.S.A. and is located in Brookline, Massachusetts.
The Sunflower Children’s Group is a dynamic, caring and close-knit ministry of KCB’s youngest members (approximately 80 school-aged children from preschool through grade 5) and includes a staff of approximately 20 teachers and other volunteers. Our mission is to help our children develop roots in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for candidates who possess the following attributes:
- Current student or graduate of an accredited Seminary
- Demonstrates a desire to work with preschool and elementary students
- Preferably bilingual but must be fluent in English with at least a working knowledge of the Korean language and culture
Job responsibilities include:
- Leading 2 worship services each Sunday (one for the preschool groups the other for elementary group) including the delivery of a sermon and leading praise
- Overseeing and training teachers and praise team members
- Assisting in organizing special events throughout the year
Interested and qualified candidates should email the following 3 items: a current Resume, a Statement of Faith (a letter describing his or her spiritual journey) and a list of personal references. Please email to Elder Thomas Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Korean Church of Boston
32 Harvard Street
Brookline, MA 02445
The Youth Leader at Calvary Church, United Methodist, in Arlington, MA is leading a group of 15 youth to Kentucky this Summer to work with Appalachia Service Project (ASP).
The trip dates are Saturday, July 13 – Sunday, July 21. I am happy to provide more details to any student who might be interested.
If you are interested, please contact:
Susan Stewart, Youth Leader
Calvary Church, United Methodist
Our alum, Judge Martha E. Bellinger joins IVAMS, one of Southern California’s’ leading Alternative Dispute Resolution firms.
Read more about her involvement here: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/3/prweb10543591.htm
Basic Purpose: UMCom is seeking a dynamic individual to provide support for effective electronic marketing programs for email and web sites. Assists with the development of email marketing plans, email design and web page designs for electronic campaigns. Creates web pages for campaigns when assigned. Supports other digital marketing plan development with new ideas and implementation. Plans, develops and implements the agency email marketing programs. Continuously researches best practices in email marketing and employs them to optimize results. Provides design support for emails when necessary. Tracks e-mails’ performance, creates and shares reports.
- Must have skills in email creation, optimization and delivery; knowledge of email best practices; creation of web pages; email design; reporting.
- Hardcoding HTML for email, Dreamweaver or other WYSIWYG editor, have worked with one or more Email Service Providers (i.e. Exact Target, My Emma, Mail Chimp, etc),
- Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office also needed.
- Experience with Exact Target, and HTML for Web.
- Knowledge of Google analytics or other conversion tracking programs, understanding of data imports between databases would be a plus.
- Knowledge of The United Methodist Church would be helpful.
- Base salary (Contact HR)
- Regular Full-time Position
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement/Pension Plan /Personal Investment Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Paid Holidays (eleven annually)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave and Personal Leave
- Continuing Education
- Free Parking
To apply or for more information contact: UMCom/Human Resources
P. O. Box 320 (810-12th Ave. S., Nash. 37203), Nashville, TN 37202-0320
Phone: 615-742-5137 Fax: 615-742-5428, Email: email@example.com
To apply please provide the following:
Cover Letter → Resume → Complete Application Form → References
ASBURY FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (www.asburyfirst.org), a large, vibrant, outreach-oriented, progressive, mainline church located in the heart of Rochester, NY, is seeking a full-time Youth Director.
Building upon a current core group of active youth, the Director will oversee the youth ministry (grades 6-12) of Asbury First United Methodist Church and direct the implementation of its mission to welcome all youth to celebrate a growing relationship with God and each other, while joyfully serving in the example of Christ. This includes equipping adult volunteers and ministering to the parents of the youth as well as assisting in a current renovation plan for the youth ministry. Finally, the Director will work to spiritually prepare youth for the challenges ahead in young adulthood and to nurture in those youth a sense of clear Christian identity as a beloved child of God through an understanding of God-given gifts and talents.
The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker and have strong leadership skills. The Director will be an active member of the church’s leadership team that includes the pastoral staff and other directors. A bachelor’s degree is mandatory with seminary training strongly preferred. Candidates should have experience in youth ministry leadership. He or she will join a team that includes a strong volunteer base, a collegial ministerial staff, and a church committed to supporting sustainable structures of youth ministry.
Interested candidates please send resumes by May 1, 2013 through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Church: Morningside United Methodist Church is a predominantly Asian American ministry based in Manhattan near Columbia University. We seek to impact our larger community with the love of Christ. We are comprised of people from all walks of life – families, couples, young adults, college students, youth, and children – predominantly from the NY/NJ/CT region. More information about the church can be found here: http://www.morningside-nyc.com
Responsibility: The Youth Group Director is responsible for developing and implementing programs for the Morningside UMC and KMC&I youth (grades 7-12) that promotes community, leadership, spiritual growth, and Christian discipleship. Activities may include but are not limited to:
- leading Bible study and daily devotions
- planning and carrying out monthly fellowship activities
- planning and leading yearly youth retreats
- preparing and delivering Sunday messages
- recruiting and training other youth group teachers and volunteers
- ensuring safe sanctuary policy
- creating and managing the budget for youth group
- communicating with parents via email and phone as necessary
- communicating clearly with liaison to KMC&I
- attending monthly council meetings
- writing up year end report as part of the Annual Conference
Time Commitment: Approximately 15 hours/ week
- College degree required. Candidates with or currently pursuing a seminary degree preferred.
- Candidate has a solid understanding of the foundations of Christian faith and United Methodist traditions combined with a strong desire to nurture young people in Christian faith.
- person should have a high level of energy, who can effectively communicate with youth
- accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), and under the supervision of the Pastor and Church Council
- works well across different groups – e.g. children and parents; Morningside UMC and KMC&I
- communicates effectively and proactively with different parts of the church community – parents, church council, pastor, SPRC, and other relevant parties
- Some familiarity with Korean language and culture helpful but not necessary.
- 2 weeks vacation/year (as per vacation policy), no additional benefits.
Start Date: April 2013 or later
For inquiries, please email email@example.com or call (212) 870-2287.
To apply for position of Youth Group Director at Morningside UMC, please send
- Statement of Faith
via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or postal mail (475 Riverside Drive, Suite 460, NY NY 10115).
The Summit Church – Lee’s Summit United Methodist Church – is located in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. We are currently posting for the position of Pastor of Student Ministries. You can find more information on the position here: Pastor of Student Min- Lee’s Summit
If interested, please forward your resume to Robin Dawson at email@example.com. For further information on the church, please go to our website, www.reachingthesummit.com.