Fall 2013 New Student Orientation
Welcome Incoming Class of Fall 2013!
Orientation for the Fall 2013 entering class will take place on Thursday, August 29th, followed by the School of Theology’s annual Day of Service event on Friday, August 30th.
Thursday, August 29th, 2013 – STH Orientation
Orientation Day is an opportunity to connect with other members of the entering class and the School of Theology administration and faculty, and it is mandatory for all entering students. Dress is nice casual (jeans are fine) with comfortable walking shoes since there is an afternoon walking tour of Boston. If you have any mobility issues or special needs with regard to a 2 – 2.5 hour walking tour, please be in touch with the Admissions Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you!
- 8:30 – 9:30am – Check-in for all students and continental breakfast at Marsh Chapel, 735 Commonwealth Avenue
- 9:30 – 12:20pm – Workshops of your choosing (Choices include: Financial Aid, International Students, Course Registration, Library and Information Technology, STH 101: Navigating BU Resources and Community Life, Religion & Conflict Transformation Information Session, Spiritual Life at Boston University)
- 12:30 – 1:45pm – Lunch
- 2 – 5pm – Walking Tour of Boston (Please wear comfortable shoes.)
- 5:30 – 7pm – Dean’s Reception at the Hotel Commonwealth (Spouses and partners are welcome to join you for the reception.)
Friday, August 30th, 2013 – STH Annual Day of Service
The Annual Day of Service is a chance for entering students to join returning students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the School of Theology for a day of volunteer work. Please come dressed to work in such capacities as painting, yard cleanup, or stocking food pantry shelves. Spouses and partners are welcome to join you for the whole day, should they choose to do so. Please let us know if you plan to bring your spouse with you so we will have plenty of food (email@example.com). Though the Day of Service is not mandatory, most entering students do decide to take part as this is a great chance to get to know the wider STH community and volunteer opportunities in the city of Boston.
- 9:30 – 10:30am – Community Brunch at Marsh Chapel, 735 Commonwealth Avenue
- 10:45 – 11:30am – School of Theology Community Worship
- 11:45am – 4pm – Day of Service in Boston
- 5:30 – 8pm – Informal gathering of STH students at the Dugout Pub, located across the street from the School of Theology