deadlines for applications
Please note the following deadlines for School of Theology degree programs:Deadlines to School of Theology programs are quite stringent. Please make sure to complete your application by the dates indicated. This means that not only should your application be submitted, but also all additional credentials (letters of reference, test scores, etc.) must be submitted by the dates below.
For Fall Matriculation
- December 15th: Application deadline for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree for both domestic and international applicants
- January 1st: Priority Admissions Deadline for domestic and international Master of Sacred Music (MSM) degree program applicants; please consult the Master of Sacred Music page of this website for up-to-date MSM application information, including audition requirements. Applicants who apply by this time and are later admitted are guaranteed a significant tuition scholarship. Domestic applicants with a 3.3 cumulative GPA or above who apply by this date will also be considered for additional Scholarships for Merit.
- January 15th: Priority Admissions deadline for domestic and international Master’s-level applicants (MDiv, MTS, STM) – All applicants who apply by this time and are later accepted are guaranteed a significant tuition scholarship. Domestic and international applicants to the MDiv and MTS programs who hold a 3.3 cumulative GPA or above and apply by this date will also be considered for additional Scholarships for Merit.
- May 15th: Application deadline for all Master’s-level applicants, both domestic and international, to be considered for any tuition scholarships – Please note that there is no guarantee of first semester financial aid for applications received after May 15th. This is also the final deadline for all international applicants due to visa processing time.
- July 15th: Final application deadline for all domestic Master’s-level applicants for fall matriculation. Also the final deadline for all domestic and international Doctor of Ministry (DMin) degree applications for fall matriculation.
For Spring Matriculation
- September 15th: Final application deadline for all international Master’s-level applications to be considered for spring matriculation.
- October 15th: Final application deadline for all domestic Master’s-level applications to be considered for spring matriculation.
- December 1st: Final application deadline for spring matriculation into the Doctor of Ministry (DMin) program for all international and domestic applicants.
Please note that only the following degree programs admit for spring matriculation (There is no Doctor of Philosophy [PhD] matriculation in the spring semester):
- Master of Divinity (MDiv)
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS)
- Master of Sacred Music (MSM) in Organ (Choral Conducting not available for spring matriculation)
- Master of Sacred Theology (STM)
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin) Program: The Doctor of Ministry (DMin) program admits students on the basis of rolling admission. The program matriculates twice a year: once in August (fall semester) and once in January (spring semester). The Admissions Office recommends that interested applicants complete their applications at least three months prior to their intended matriculation date. The final deadline for fall matriculation is July 15th, and the final deadline for spring matriculation is December 1st. Applicants who apply late may have to wait to matriculate with a future cohort.