Paulist Center, Lay Ministry Tuition Grant
Deadline: April 27, 2015
Information: Paulist Center Tuition Grant
The Paulist Center has a commitment to support lay students in the Boston area who are pursuing graduate theological and pastoral study for ministry in the Church. Selection based on need, past academic and experiential background, and future ministerial aspirations and their relationship to the degree sought.
Active Roman Catholic lay student; grant to be applied to tuition for a first level graduate theological and pastoral degree program (M.Div, MTS, MA in pastoral Ministry, or equivalent); must have completed successfully the first year of a master’s-level degree program in a Boston Theological School (BTI).
Selection of the recipient of the grant will be based on need, past academic and experiential background, and future ministerial aspirations and their relationship to the degree sought. Preference will be given to applicants whose ministerial aspirations reflect the Paulist mission of Evangelization, Reconciliation and Ecumenism. The applicant must be intending at least half-time ministry, however the ministry need not be directly under the Roman Catholic auspices.
Application: contact Patricia M. Simpson at email@example.com
An application, not to exceed five pages, should include:
- applicant’s name, address, and phone numbers (please include current numbers, as well as numbers you may be reached at after May 6th)
- school, program, and year of study
- names, addresses and phone numbers of two references (i.e. professor, spiritual leader of faith community, etc.)
- financial need, including briefly outlined expenses and income
- current faith community and/or parish
- description of ministerial aspirations
- academic, ministerial/professional experience, including volunteer activities and other interests/hobbies
Disbursement of Award: One-half September, One-half January
Send application to:
Patricia M. Simpson
Attn: Lay Ministry Tuition Grant
Paulist Center Community
5 Park Street
Boston, MA 02108