The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award
Deadline: October 5
Amount: up to $1,500.00
The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Awards provide financial support for graduate students to attend AAC&U’s 2010 Annual Meeting, which will be held January 20-23 in Washington, DC. All award recipients are required to attend the conference.
The awards include travel, lodging, conference registration (up to $1,500 total), and a one-year affiliation with AAC&U, including subscriptions to all AAC&U periodicals.
The awards will be announced in December, 2009, and recipients of the K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Awards will be recognized at, and will participate in, AAC&U’s Annual Meeting in January.
All doctoral level graduate students who are planning a career in higher education are eligible, regardless of academic department. (Nominees must hold student status in January 2010.)
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Leadership ability or potential for exercising leadership in teaching and learning, with a strong commitment to academic and civic responsibility;
- and Leadership or potential leadership in the development of others as leaders, scholars, and citizens.
A faculty member or administrator must nominate the student, with a supporting letter from a second faculty member or administrator. The following materials must be submitted for an application to be considered:
- a nomination letter from a faculty member or administrator;
- a supporting letter from a second faculty member or administrator;
- a statement from the student indicating how he or she meets the award criteria;
- a copy of the student’s curriculum vitae.
Please mail AAC&U two copies of these materials – the original documents and one duplicate copy of each. Only complete applications will be considered. See website for details and application.
Mail all materials to:
K. Patricia Cross Future Leader Awards
1818 R Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
202.387.3760 (ext. 425)