Grannis-Martin Scholarship Awards (Minnesota)
Deadline for current seminary students: June 11
Deadline for new, incoming seminary students: August 1
Amount: $1,000 – $1,500
The Garannis-Martin Memorial Foundation gives scholarships to students with a Minnesota connection through church, family, a Minnesota institution or organization in which the applicants are or have been involved, and who are entering or currently attending a seminary with plans to work in a United Methodist ministry. The awards are originally made of loans with one-third of the outstanding balance forgiven for each year of service to the United Methodist Church. Students will be informed and scholarship awards on September 1st.
- Be enrolled in a seminary
- Be planning a vocation to serve the United Methodist Church
- Have a Minnesota connection
- Complete an application form
- Have a most recent official transcript sent to the Scholarship Committee
- Have three letters of recommendation, pertaining to academic work and commitment, sent to the Scholarship Committee
- Have all materials sent to the Scholarship Committee by the appropriate deadline (see above)
First United Methodist Church
302 5th Ave. S.
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Last Update: 4/30/2010