Disciples Home Missions of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Scholarships
Scholarship list and information can be found here.
To be eligible for any of the scholarships the applicant must:
- be a member of a congregation in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada;
- be preparing for ministry in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada;
- know that GPA may be a determining factor in consideration of scholarships awarded;
- provide evidence of financial need;
- be enrolled as a full-time student (at least 9 credit hours per semester) in an ATS accredited seminary or school;
- be enrolled in an M.Div., or equivalent degree program;
- provide official transcript(s) of academic work;
- provide three references; one from each of the following persons: a regional minister from one of the 33 regions of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada from the region with which you are under care, the pastor of your home CC (DOC) congregation or from the CC (DOC) congregation wherein you are a member, and a professor (seminary or undergraduate). First year students entering may substitute the regional minister with a reference from a recognized executive minister of racial ethnic ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada. No referent can be a relative. Call if you have questions;
- be under care of a regional Commission on the Ministry, or in the process of coming under care (if regional reference is coming from ethnic constituency executive, you will be required to contact your regional minister and request that they verify your under care status. It will be your responsibility to ensure a regional minister fulfills this request).