BU STH Alumni/Alumnae Doctoral Fellowships
Amount: $500.00 – $10,000.00
Deadline: March 1, 2012
A small number of doctoral fellowships are available for BU STH alumni from any degree program who are presently doing or going on to do doctoral level work at Boston University.
1. Fellowship applicants must have graduated from the School of Theology within the past five years with at least a 3.5 GPA.
2. Students must be enrolled in a doctoral degree program at Boston University and have maintained at least a 3.5 GPA in their graduate coursework. Students may apply before actually being enrolled in a doctoral program if they are expecting to graduate at the time of submitting the application.
3. Merit will be considered in awarding these funds, with current graduate GPA forming the primary measure, but also taking into account the student’s application statement and the letter of recommendation received from the student’s primary advisor.
4. Some fellowships may be awarded in lesser amounts for students after the completion of coursework.
5. Fellowship funds are not awarded beyond the third year of a student’s doctoral program.
Each applicant must submit the following required materials:
1. The application: DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP MEMO and APPLICATION FORM 2012-2013
2. A printed BU STH unofficial student transcript.
3. A careful statement of intellectual and vocational goals. This will be particularly significant in the faculty’s assessment of the candidate’s suitability for a fellowship.
4. An evaluation letter from a member of the BU STH faculty, reviewing the candidate’s character, scholarship, and promise of creative contributions.
Note: Applicant must mail in or hand deliver a hard copy of all application materials to The Office of the Associate Dean EXCEPT for the evaluation letter. The letter of evaluation must be mailed, hand delivered, or emailed directly to Nathan Bieniek by the faculty member only (email and address below).
For further details please contact Nathan Bieniek, Administrative Coordinator for the Dean of Academic Affairs, by email at: email@example.com
Attn: Nathan Bieniek
Office of the Associate Dean
Boston University School of Theology
745 Commonwealth Ave, Suite 110
Boston, MA 02215
Each fellowship is subject to the following regulations, which an applicant automatically accepts in filing an application:
1. The cash fellowship can be claimed only upon clear evidence of enrollment as a student in a doctoral program at the School of Theology. Such enrollment shall normally involve a course load of twelve credit hours per semester or certified full-time status following the completion of coursework.
2. The fellowship will be payable in two equal sums, one per semester term.
3. The entire fellowship must be used in line with the previous restrictions before the expiration of the academic year (July 1 – June 30) after election to the fellowship. Otherwise, all further claims to the fellowship or any remaining part of it will be forfeited.
Last Updated: 2/7/2012