Learning Lab Leader, East Congregational Church (UCC), Milton, MA
East Congregational Church, UCC of Milton, MA, is looking for a dynamic, energetic, self-starter who loves children and the wonder and power of the biblical stories of God’s love, grace and justice to serve as its Learning Lab Leader.
We are a vital, progressive, joyful Christian church whose mission is “Building and Serving Community in Christ’s name.” A number of families with young children are involved at East Churc,h and we have a calling, a heart, and the space for many more.
This is a part-time position, including the hours from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each Sunday, from mid-August through mid-June.
What you see below is our current job description. We pray that the Spirit will lead you and us to make it what it needs to be for today and beyond.
East Church Learning Lab Leader
Sunday School Responsibilities
- Coordinate annual and seasonal planning with Chair of Christian Education Committee and pastor
- Connect with and reach out to existing and new families
- Recruit, train and nurture volunteer Sunday School teachers and assistants
- Teach/Co Teach on Sundays with volunteers from the congregation
- Facilitate background check process for volunteers, under direction of the pastor
- Research and order curriculum as needed
- Organize and purchase supplies
- Create and manage annual registration forms
- Organize annual calendar, including special Sundays and activities including, but not limited to, the Christmas pageant, Palm Sunday pony rides and Children’s Sunday.
- Coordinate children’s participation in monthly AWE (All-Ages Worship Experience) Sundays and other worship services with the pastor
- Lead Confirmation Program
- Explore and facilitate opportunities to involve the church’s children in other church programs and activities
- Hire and supervise nursery care worker
- Participate in Christian Education Committee meetings
- Create announcements and feature articles for the church’s regular digital and printed communication
- Offer Children’s Moment messages in Sunday worship in rotation with the pastor
- Meet in the Fall and the Spring with the Director of the Sunshine School for preschoolers located at East Church to explore possible shared activities or events
- Coordinate management of the yearly CE budget with the Chair of Christian Education
- Adhere to the practices and standards of the East Congregational Church Safe Church Policy
- Submit a written annual report in early May to be included in the church’s Annual Report.
We are eager to hear your vision and ideas to teach and nurture our children, youth and their families as we grow in faith together. Please contact us right away if you are feeling called to help form the faith of our next generation!
Submit a cover letter, including a brief paragraph on your favorite biblical character, and your resume to email@example.com